The Metropolitan Black Bar Association as an organization of Black Lawyers in the New York City Metropolitan area is committed to providing resources in support of Black Lives Matter. We believe Black Lawyers Matter. As such, we are providing this compendium of resources for the legal community as well as the NYC Metropolitan area community in general.
If you have suggestions for additional resources to be added to this page, please email email@example.com and reference the MBBA Black Lives Matter Resource Page.
- Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation Designating Juneteenth as an Official Public Holiday in New York State
- Report from the Special Adviser on Equal Justice in The New York State Courts (10-1-20)
- The Judicial Friends Association, Inc. Announces the Release Of Its Report Re: Systemic Racism in The New York State Court System With Solutions to Eradicate It
- NYS Judges of Color Statement Regarding Duties as Jurist and Commitment to Equal Treatment
Op-Ed by Barack Obama
Bail Support Resources
Civil Rights Advocacy Organizations
- The MBBA Lawyer Directory Page
- Anguish and Action
- The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- The Civil Rights Project
- Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- National Urban League
- New York City Bar - Serving the Community
- Volunteers of Legal Service (VOLS)
- The MSW@USC Diversity Toolkit: A Guide to Discussing Identity, Power and Privilege
- Association of Corporate Counsel - BLM Resources Page
- The American Bar Association - Syllabus: 21-Day Racial Equity Habit-Building Challenge ©
- CivilRights.Org - New Era of Public Safety: An Advocacy Toolkit for Fair, Safe, and Effective Community Policing