Benefits of Membership
- Free admission to general meetings and receptions with prominent legal scholars and public speakers.
- Continuing legal education through workshops and seminars that provide growth and professional development.
- Increase professional advancement and networking opportunities.
- Opportunities to positively impact the community through seminars, workshop and mentoring.
- Affiliation with the National Bar Association.
Reasons to Join
- Analyze and comment on proposed legislation and rules.
- Present testimony at hearings and other public forums.
- Screen candidates for judicial office and publish recommendations concerning their suitability for election or appointment.
- Sponsor lectures, workshops, and seminars on substantive legal and professional development topics.
- Co-sponsor Continuing Legal Education classes and scholarships for CLE classes.
- Host events for the development and strengthening of professional and social relationships.
- Promote and recognize the accomplishments of minority lawyers and judges.
- Organize and support community projects such as Toys-For-Tots, Adopt-A-School, Y.E.S., Mentoring Program, and community legal clinics.
- Co-sponsor projects and events with nonminority city-wide bar associations.